G’day Guys and Gals!
In this video I give you a full tutorial on how to replace the Airconditioning Belt and the Alternator belt on your Isuzu Mu-x and Isuzu D-max. To replace the drive belts on your Isuzu Mu-x or D-max you will require 2 different belts.
– 1 X A/C Belt – V belt – Number 13A1450
– 1 X Alternator Belt – Serpentine Belt – Number 7PK1080
There are 2 different v belts for these vehicles depending on where it was manufactured. Please check with your local Parts store to get the correct belt.
The drive belts on the Isuzu Mu-x and D-max both have tensioner pulleys. This makes the belts really easy to tighten, loosen and remove. If you are having issues with drive belt noises and your drive belts look ok. You can use the tensioner pulleys to tighten up the belts and stop squeaks and squeals. The 14mm nut on the tensioner pulleys needs to be loosened and then the 12mm bolt needs to be either tightened to re-tension the drive belts or loosened to remove.
The Airconditioning belt has 3 pulleys in the system. 1 x tensioner pulley, Airconditioning compressor and the crank pulley. The Alternator has 4 pulleys in the system. Alternator pulley, water pump, crank pulley and the tensioner pulley. If this is you first time replacing drive belts it could be a good idea to draw a simple belt diagram before removing the belts from the vehicle.
To replace the A/C drive belt on the Isuzu Mu-x and D-max,
1. remove engine cover
2. loosen A/C belt tensioner 14mm nut
3. loosen A/C belt tensioner 12mm bolt all the way until belt can be removed
4. Remove drive belt from pulleys
5. Place part of belt over fan and spin fan while pulling belt up
6. Remove belt from vehicle.
7. Replace belt in reverse order and tension accordingly (10mm belt deflection)
To replace the Alternator belt on the Isuzu Mu-x and D-max,
1. Remove engine cover
2. Remove A/C belt (as above)
3. Loosen Alternator belt tensioner 14mm Nut
4. Loosen Alternator belt tensioner 12mm bolt until belt can be removed
5. Remove alternator belt from pulleys
6. Place part of belt over fan and spin fan while pulling belt up
7. remove belt from vehicle.
8. Replace belt in reverse order and tension accordingly (5mm Belt deflection)
To stop belt noises like squeaks, squeals or chirps,
(check belt condition before tightening, If old or cracked replace as necessary)
1. Loosen of tensioner pulley 14mm nut
2. tighten tensioner pulley 12mm bolt
3. measure belt deflection (10mm v belt) (5mm Serpentine Belt)
4. Tighten 14mm tensioner nut.
The drive belts need to be checked and maintained at each service. If the belts become old or cracked they should be replaced as necessary. Replacing your drive belts at 100-150,000km is a good idea for preventative maintenance. You can keep the old belts as spare parts for when traveling on remote 4wd tracks.
To replace the drive belts on your Isuzu D-max or Isuzu Mu-x you will require some tools –
1. 1/2″ Breaker Bar
2. 1/2″ Ratchet
3. 14mm socket
4. 12mm socket
5. LED torche or Light
6. If you remove you undertrays to carry out the job you will require a 17mm socket also
In this video I give you a thorough DIY tutorial on How to replace the drive belts on your Isuzu Mu-x Or D-max. I show you all of the steps necessary to replace and tension your new belts correctly. I also show you the parts and the tools required to carry out the replacement. By replacing your drive belts yourself you can gain confidence in maintaining your vehicle. This is a very easy job that can be carried out in under an hour at home with some basic hand tools.
I hope this video was helpful and gave you a thorough guide so you can have a go at replacing the drive belts yourself at home. If you did enjoy todays video, please Like, Subscribe and Share it.
Cheers Guys 🙂
Due to factors beyond the control of Lowrangenick, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. Lowrangenick assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk. Lowrangenick recommends safe practices when working on vehicles and or with tools seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of Lowrangenick, no information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not Lowrangenick.
Thanks a lot for watching guys! If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more videos like this. Please like and Subscribe to my channel : )
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/Lowrangenick/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Lowrangenick/
#serpentinebelt #vbelt #drivebelts #howto #isuzumux #isuzudmax