An easy to follow DIY video tutorial on how to replace the cabin filter on a 2007 – 2015 Lincoln MKX
Cabin air filters help enhance the air quality inside your vehicle, creating a healthier, more comfortable environment for you and your passengers. A properly functioning cabin air filter can stop up to 90% of dust, pollen, and spore particles from entering your Lincoln MKX passenger compartment.
WHEN SHOULD YOU CHANGE CABIN AIR FILTER ON YOUR MKX?
It is recommended that you remove and replace this cabin filter every 15,000-20,000 miles.
However, you may want to replace or change the cabin air filter more often if:
-You or a frequent passenger suffers from allergies
-You or a frequent passenger has other respiratory problems
-You drive your MKX on dirt roads or in excessively dusty conditions
-You drive your MKX in heavily polluted areas
How to change / replace the cabin air filter element: ( from the owners manual )
1. Release the clamps that secure the air filter housing cover.
2. Carefully separate the two halves of the air filter housing.
3. Remove the air filter element from the air filter housing.
4. Wipe the air filter housing and cover clean to remove any dirt or
debris and to ensure good sealing.
5. Install a new air filter element. Be careful not to crimp the filter element edges between the air filter
housing and cover. This could cause filter damage and allow unfiltered air to enter the engine if not properly seated.
This video tutorial can be used to help find the cabin filter air location as well as remove, change or replace the cabin air filter on the following Lincoln Models:
2007 Lincoln MKX
2008 Lincoln MKX
2009 Lincoln MKX
2010 Lincoln MKX
2011 Lincoln MKX
2012 Lincoln MKX
2013 Lincoln MKX
2014 Lincoln MKX
2015 Lincoln MKX