Learn how to replace a thermostat on a 1988-1997 Jaguar XJ6 (X306/X300/XJ40) The thermostat constantly open and close to moderate the coolant temperature and when they wear out the engine temperature starts to fluctuate too much. The two primary failure modes for a thermostat are when they’re stuck open or stuck close. The only cure is to replace the thermostat.
REPAIR TIME: 10 Minutes
1. Thermostat https://amzn.to/3lOBZe0
2. RTV Silicone Gasket https://amzn.to/32YJ8kt
1. Socket Set https://amzn.to/3apQkI5
2. Flat Head ScrewDriver https://amzn.to/2ZwhZkn
4. Disposable Gloves https://amzn.to/2NgFf3c
4. Floor Jack https://amzn.to/2X3XRId
5. Jack Stands https://amzn.to/2ZHcdQG
6. Thread locker https://amzn.to/2A1Yqqk
7. Catch Pan https://amzn.to/2KpsF2B
XJ JESSE SHOP: https://etsy.me/39Hu5PV
INSTAGRAM: @XJ__Jesse https://rb.gy/cjephr
MUSIC: https://bit.ly/2MFuTfB (30-day free trial)
#JaguarXJ6 #Thermostat #OpenThermostat
The purpose of this video is to help out fellow Jaguar owners to the best of my knowledge. The information provided in the video is supplied as is, with no warranty. Most information comes from my experience working on cars. It’s not meant to replace shop manual or professional advice. I do not assume any liability whatsoever for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Use this information at your own risk.